Monday, April 8, 2019
There may be many reasons for the 2nd amendment. Let us examine the most important.
This blog is in response to Dr. Jeffery Fiske's opinion as found in the Williamsburg Gazette. Dr. Fiske had written about the reasons why the 2nd amendment should be altered or removed.
Being of the thought every opinion published requires respect of our fair and most honorable local Gazette, I would like to offer discourse to Dr. Jeffery Fiske at el. I will provide my dissertation in the same length of writing as Dr. Jeffery Fiske as this topic does not bear witness to 250 words or less. Within these writings, we will attempt to offer an argument for the 2nd Amendment concerning all.
To proceed let us start with the words of the Declaration of Independence (DOI) and end with natures first right to self-defense. My dear fellow citizens bear witness to the following words found in the (DOI).
“That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”
It is the right of the people to alter or to abolish government, and institute a new government. We might do so if our safety and happiness were to be subjected to authoritarian rule. Examples of authoritarian rule: Socialist Democracy, communism, and tyranny.
“Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind is more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.”
A long-established government in these United States of America is a republic form of governance. Our forefathers warned us not to change for light and transient causes. What this means is, a cause originating or having an effect outside an entity. When a group of people within our government decides to promote socialist democracy in place of a republic, we should have cause for concern for our happiness and safety.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Despotism can be defined as the exercise of absolute power, especially in a cruel and oppressive way. Usurpation can be described as a means of taking someone’s power or property by force. If this were to happen to our republic or I believe if we the people were to witness abuses, usurpations, and despotism then we the people have the right to throw off such government and or attempted takeover of our republic. Examples of an attempted takeover of power and an attempt to take one’s property by force.
1. ACA healthcare, free college tuition, all of the carrots they now dangle before you, will take ownership from citizens by force to give to others without the permission of the owner.
2. The New Green Deal: If implemented by socialist democrats will force you to a standard of living without your consent. Will take from you, your property and power to pursue happiness and safety within the dictates of your own reason.
“–Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies, and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.” Let us here offer our facts of Tyranny, if Socialist Democrats take power. In the interest of space, I will provide four.
1. The New Green Deal: If implemented by socialist democrats will force you to a standard of living without your consent. Will take from you, your property and power to pursue happiness and safety within the dictates of your own reason.
2. Abolishing of the Electoral college. This right and protection afforded, we the people, should be held close and safe to our bosom. For if we allow a socialist type of government to take from us this right, we have the right to make back this ethical and proper principal by force and as needed.
3. Reparations for the Black community. Socialist Democrats have now offered another carrot for consumption albeit empty of calories. This is another example of the use of tyrannist like authority to take from one without permission and give another, undeservingly mind you, for nothing more than the premise of the vote. In other words, the socialist democrat is trying to buy an election with citizen achievements.
4. The disposition of the 2nd Amendment. If the citizen right to natures first law of self-defense is in some manner, abolished, severely restricted or mandatory gun confiscation, we the people have every right to throw the government off.
It is, in fact, our right per the (DOI) to determine the individual's fate and pursuit of happiness. It is our right to expect reasonable safety. It is the citizens right to protect our republic and to protect the Constitution of these United States and its Amendments. It is our duty per the (DOI) to cast off those who wantonly will take from us without our permission. We must provide guards for the security of our republic, our pursuit of happiness and our safety. We the people have the right to cast off by force and as needed a socialist, communist or tyrannical form of government.
Dr. Fiske writes,“with the advent of professional law enforcement, the need for the 2nd Amendment is no longer needed. This is a false statement. Dr. Fiske writes the second amendment was written for citizens who live remote. This too is a misconception. The police can never be there to protect you at all times, and it does not matter if you live in a city or are remote. Every citizen has the right to natures first right of self-defense and the second amendment gives you that right. In, District of Columbia vs. Heller, the Supreme court ruled, that a federal handgun ban violates the Second Amendment. In McDonald v. Chicago, the justices held that state and local governments also could not prohibit handguns. These decisions debunk the ideas of remote only.
I offer the following for consideration: The 2nd amendment and why it is so essential to our pursuit of happiness and safety. Our forefathers wrote the Declaration of Independence and listed the reasons why and grievances against, the King of England. During the revolutionary war, ordinary citizens took up arms against a tyrannical government. Lives were lost, and freedoms were won. We were an armed citizenry willing to fight for our beliefs. Without weapons, we would have had no recourse but to be subjected to King rule. When our forefathers wrote the second amendment, they kept in mind the first law, natures right to self-defense. I think we are again at this critical moment in history, where we may have to decide to fight a tyrannical government should socialist democrat’s take control of our government and enforce the listed grievances at el.
I wrote this after ready Mr. Filco's commentary in the Williamsburg Gazette on letting go of the past. Septemeber 2022. "Why Isn...
Chapter 2 We are the sum of life's experiences. My father passed this past June 2018. Hugh Tipton Johnson, 82 years of age, had tak...
Roe vs. Wade is not about right and wrong. Recent Supreme Court decisions should remind us that our president and Democrats who disagree wi...
The Poem Amazing Grace was of "poor choice" as a sing-along presented by the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation's 2022 Fourth of...